A Blooming Mess is the twelfth episode of the thirteenth season.
Knapford Station is being redecorated. Thomas is tasked to collect slate for the new roof. Emily is tasked with picking up flowers for the station by the Fat Controller. Excitedly, Emily says that she knows all about flowers and she knows that buttercups are yellow, but before she could say another word, the Fat Controller regains her attention and tells her to take the flowers to the station.
As she puffs along, she says hello to James and Toby, who reply back. When Mavis does not say hello, Emily assumes she is sad and chuffs to the quarry to cheer her up with some of the new flowers, only to cause Edward and Thomas to crash into the flatbeds she left behind. When Mavis returns to see her quarry in a state of confusion, Emily apologises for causing it as she thought Mavis was upset. Mavis assures her she was just thinking about all the work she needs to do. Emily feels silly and wonders what would make Mavis happy. Mavis tells Emily that to make her happy she would like the mess tidied up and Emily's load of flowers taken straight to Knapford. Emily complies, even helping out Thomas since his firebox was extinguished. When Mavis stops by Knapford Station later to see the flowers as they are planted and mentions how wonderful they look, Emily is glad to see her happy.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Maithwaite stationmaster
- The Knapford stationmaster
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Diesel (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Ginger-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Blond-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Welsh Bird Watcher (cameo)
- Ben Small as Thomas and Toby
- Keith Wickham as Edward, James and the Fat Controller
- Matt Wilkinson as the Maithwaite and Knapford Stationmasters
- Teresa Gallagher as Emily and Mavis
- Martin Sherman as Thomas
- Kerry Shale as James, Sir Topham Hatt and the Maithwaite Stationmaster
- William Hope as Edward, Toby and The Knapford Stationmaster
- Jules de Jongh as Emily and Mavis
- The title could be a parody of Jason Mraz's song, A Beautiful Mess.
- When Emily reverses, the driver and fireman are still looking forward.
- The narrator says that Mavis puffed into Knapford, but Mavis is a diesel and therefore cannot puff.
- At the beginning of the episode, Henry should not have been able to pull into Knapford from the direction he arrived from as the track he was on has a platform at the other end.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Et blomstrende kaos||A Blooming Chaos|
|Japanese||エミリーとおはな||Emily and the Flower|
|Italian||Fiori per Mavis||Flowers for Mavis|
|Polish||Kwitnący Bałagan||Blooming Mess|
|Spanish||Un desastre total||A Total Disaster|
|Indonesian||Bunga yang berantakan||A Blooming Mess|
|French||Des fleurs pour Mavis||Flowers for Mavis|
|German||Das Blumendurcheinander||The Flowers Mess|
|Greek||Ένας Ανθισμένος Χαμός||A Blooming Chaos|
|Turkish||Çiçekli Karmaşa||Flowering of Confusion|
|Korean||에밀리와 메이비스||Emily and Mavis|
|Russian||Цветочный беспорядок||Floral Mess|
|Finnish||Kukkasotku||A Flower Mess|
|Hungarian||Virágos zűrzavar||Flower Confusion|
|Serbian||Cvetni nered||Floral Mess|
|Romanian||O Mizerie de Nedescris||Indescribable Misery|
|Portuguese'Brazilian'||Uma Trapalhada Florida||A Floral Muddle|
|Czech||Uděsný nepořádek||Awful Mess|
|Slovak||Strašný neporiadok||Awful Mess|
|Catalan||Desastre floral||Floral Disaster|
|Thai||ความวุ่นวายจากดอกไม้||A Flurry of Flowers|
|Swedish||Blomstertid på Rälsön||Flower Time on Sodor|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 12||Season 13||Season 14 >>|
|#01||Creaky Cranky||#08||Thomas and the Pigs||#15||Splish Splash Splosh|
|#02||The Lion of Sodor||#09||Time for a Story||#16||The Biggest Present of All|
|#03||Tickled Pink||#10||Percy's Parcel||#17||Snow Tracks|
|#04||Double Trouble (Season 13)||#11||Toby's New Whistle||#18||Henry's Good Deeds|
|#05||Slippy Sodor||#12||A Blooming Mess||#19||Buzzy Bees|
|#06||The Early Bird||#13||Thomas and the Runaway Kite||#20||Hiro Helps Out|
|#07||Play Time||#14||Steamy Sodor|