|This article is about the excavator. You may be looking for the Talyllyn Railway diesel engine, the Story Library book, the cleaner or the former snack bar manager.|
Alfie works for the Sodor Construction Company; he loves working hard and handles even the toughest of jobs with ease.
Alfie helped save a cat and her kittens one day after being teased by Max and Monty about his size. Later, he was saved by Byron when he almost sank into a muddy hole. He later helped with the restoration of Great Waterton and helped erect a bandstand in the town.
A magazine article states that he now works at the Sodor Slate Quarry.
In Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, he helped build the Harwick Branch Line.
In the twentieth season, he, Jack, Oliver, Max and Monty were working on Thomas' Branch Line and he, Oliver and Jack helped cleared the branch line at the Rail Under Road Bridge and Signalbox after Max and Monty dumpped their loads on the line.
Alfie is a friendly machine who gets on well with his work and never minds getting dirty or mucky during jobs.
It is unknown what machine Alfie's design is based on, although he does resemble a 1960 K1C10&K excavator.
Alfie is painted green with his number painted on his sides and on the back of his cab in white.
- Nathan Clarke (UK/US; Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure onwards)
- Toshio Kobayashi (Japan; sixth season only)
- Emiko Takeuchi (Japan; Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure onwards)
- Gerardo García (Latin America; Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure onwards)
- Alfie has had a few modifications throughout the television series. These include:
- Season 12:
- He lost the freckles on his face.
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure:
- He increased in size.
- The colour of his alloys changed from cream to grey.
- Season 12:
- A semi-complete face mask of Alfie was preserved by the Top Props preservation group.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Wind-up (Japan only)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found