|This article is about the diesel engine. You may be looking for the Story Library book.|
Dennis is a lazy diesel. He has a twin named Norman.
When Dennis was new to the railway, he tried to take advantage of Thomas. He soon learnt his lesson when he reversed into a ditch. With Thomas' help he was able to finish his work and promised to be a Really Useful Engine from now on.
Dennis is considered to be a very lazy diesel who tries to take advantage of others and depend on them to do his work. Dennis will often create excuses to get out of work, but usually gets caught in his lies, and always says sorry - but whether or not he means it is the question.
Dennis is based on No. 11001, a Bulleid diesel built at Ashford Works, England in 1949 and scrapped in 1959. He also carries his basis' number.
Dennis is painted grey with dark grey wheels and roof and red buffer beams.
- Tsutomu Densaka (Japan)
- According to a magazine article, he lives at the Sodor Dieselworks with Diesel 10.
- The fact that Dennis and Norman are twins is thought to be impossible as No. 11001 was the only one of its type built. However, this dilemma has also been shared with Skarloey/Talyllyn and Rheneas/Dolgoch.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Austerity Engine • The Red Engines • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • The Works Diesel • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Glynn • Ryan • Diesel • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford •