|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Diesel's Special Delivery is the seventh episode of the fourteenth season.
It is market day on Sodor and all the engines are taking fruit and vegetables to market. All except Diesel, who is taking slate to the school because the school's roof is broken and rain had been forecast. At Maithwaite, Diesel sees a group of children clapping and cheering for James because he is pulling a special special - Farmer Trotter's piglets. Diesel, who wants to be clapped and cheered for as well, follows James. Then Diesel meets up with Thomas who is taking shiny apples to the market. Diesel thinks that the apples are just as good as James' piglets, so he offers to take Thomas' load to market, leaving his slates in a siding. Diesel catches up with James at Maron station. Once again, children are clapping and cheering at James and no one claps for Diesel.
Later, Diesel meets up with Rosie at a signal. Rosie is pulling a flatbed of colourful flowers to market. Diesel thinks that the flowers are just as good as the piglets and offers to take the flowers. Rosie agrees and Diesel sets off with both the flowers and the apples. Next, Diesel spots James at a crossing. Stephen, Bridget and another child clap and cheer for him and his piglets. Once again, no-one claps and cheers for Diesel.
On the way back from market, Diesel passes Farmer Trotter's Pig Farm where he spies James' van of piglets. Diesel steals the truck and takes it to show the children at the school. When he arrives at the school, the children do not clap and cheer. They are standing in the rain and are getting wet. Diesel realises his mistake and after the Fat Controller scolds him, he sets off to put everything right.
Diesel takes the piglets back to Farmer Trotter's and apologises. Then, he collects the slate truck from the siding and hurries back to the school. At the school, the children are delighted to see Diesel. They shout hooray, clap and cheer for him.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Stephen Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- The Blond-haired Boy
- The Ginger-haired Boy
- The Schoolchildren
- Farmer Trotter (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- The Tree Specialists (cameo)
Some children also speak.
- Ben Small as Thomas
- Teresa Gallagher as Rosie, Bridget Hatt, the Ginger-haired Boy and the Schoolchildren
- Kerry Shale as Diesel
- Keith Wickham as James and the Fat Controller
- Matt Wilkinson as Stephen Hatt and the Blond-haired Boy
- Martin Sherman as Thomas
- Michael Brandon as Diesel
- Teresa Gallagher as the Ginger-haired Boy
- William Hope as Stephen Hatt and the Blond-haired Boy
- Jules de Jongh as Rosie, Bridget Hatt and the Schoolchildren
- Kerry Shale as James and Sir Topham Hatt
- Going by production order, this is the eighth episode of the fourteenth season.
- This marks the first time since the sixth season episode, The World's Strongest Engine that Diesel has been the main character in an episode.
- This is the first episode to feature Teresa Gallagher as Stephen Hatt in the UK.
- This is the final episode where Bridget Hatt and Stephen Hatt are voiced by Jules de Jongh and William Hope in the US. This also marks their last speaking appearances until the nineteenth season episode, Henry Spots Trouble.
- The narrator describes James' cattle truck as a flatbed.
- When Diesel leaves the school with the piglets, he is not coupled to the truck and he is pushing it. In the next shot however, he is seen pulling it.
- A lot of children are seen throughout the episode, yet only four children are seen at the school.
- Diesel is said to be coupled up to the piglets' truck, but he just buffers up and pushes it away.
- Throughout the episode, the piglets are depicted as fully grown pigs.
- Magazine Stories - Diesel's Special Delivery
- Video Games - Up, Up and Away! Diesel Special Delivery and Exploring Sodor
In Other Languages
|Spanish||La entrega especial de Diesel||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Norwegian||Diesels spesiallevering||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Japanese||ディーゼルのとくべつなにもつ||Diesel's Special Cargo|
|German||Diesel ist neidisch||Diesel is Envious|
|Welsh||Diwrnod Hapus Diesel yn||Diesel's Happy Day|
|Swedish||Diesels speciella leverans||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Chinese||迪塞尔的特别任务||Diesel's Special Assignments|
|Korean||디젤의 깨달음||Realisation of Diesel|
|Italian||Il Trasporto Speciale di Diesel||Diesel's Special Cargo|
|Czech||Dieselová Lokomotiva a mimořádna zasílka||Diesel's Locomotive and Exceptional Consignments|
|Finnish||Dieselin erikoiskuljetus||Diesel for Special Transport|
|Greek||Η Ξεχωριστη Παραδοση του Ντιζελ||The Separate Supplies of Diesel|
|Russian||Ура! Дизелю||Hooray! Diesel|
|Slovenian||Dizlova posebna dostava||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Hungarian||Dízel különleges szállítmánya||Diesel's Specific Shipment|
|Catalan||L'encàrrec especial d'en Diesel||The Special Commission on Diesel|
|Romanian||Livrarea Specială a lui Diesel||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Polish||Specjalna Przesyłka Diesla||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Danish||Diesels særleverance||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Portuguese||A entrega especial de Diesel||Diesel's Special Delivery|
|Indonesian||Kiriman Istimewa Diesel||Diesel's Special Shipment|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 13||Season 14||Season 15 >>|
|#01||Thomas' Tall Friend||#08||Pop Goes Thomas||#15||Thomas' Crazy Day|
|#02||James in the Dark||#09||Victor Says Yes||#16||Jumping Jobi Wood!|
|#03||Pingy Pongy Pick Up||#10||Thomas in Charge||#17||Thomas and Scruff|
|#04||Charlie and Eddie||#11||Merry Winter Wish||#18||O the Indignity|
|#05||Toby and the Whistling Woods||#12||Being Percy||#19||Jitters and Japes|
|#06||Henry's Health and Safety||#13||Henry's Magic Box||#20||Merry Misty Island|
|#07||Diesel's Special Delivery||#14||Thomas and the Snowman Party||