Down at the Station is a series of informative segments featured on Thomas and Friends DVDs in the UK and in between episodes on PBS in the US. They feature scenes of real railways hard at work, show what passengers do during their trip, or tell what the different people who work on the railway do.
- Passengers (Hero of the Rails DVD; UK and AUS)
- The Railway Line (Creaky Cranky DVD; UK)
- Water (Misty Island Rescue DVD; UK and AUS)
- Whistle (Wobbly Wheels and Whistles DVD; UK)
- Steam Engine (The Lion of Sodor DVD; UK)
- Morning (Pop Goes Thomas DVD; UK)
- Diesel Engines (Day of the Diesels DVD; UK and AUS)
- Driver (The Birthday Express DVD; UK)
- The Guard/The Conductor (US) (Thomas in Charge! DVD; UK)
- Fireman (Up, Up and Away! DVD; UK)
- Coal (Merry Winter Wish DVD; UK)
- The Level Crossing (Rescue On the Rails DVD; UK)
- The Signalman (Curious Cargo; UK)
- Going Backwards (Sticky Situations; UK)
- The End of the Line/End of the Line (US) (Go Go Thomas! DVD; UK)
- Evening (Muddy Matters DVD; UK)
- Points (Merry Christmas, Thomas! DVD; UK)
- Engines (Big Bang Surprise DVD; UK)
- The Engine Shed (Official Thomas and Friends YouTube Channel'; UK)
- The Engineer/The Workman (Official Thomas and Friends YouTube Channel'; UK)
- In the segment "Evening" you can see a locomotive made up to look like Thomas in a shot of the yards.
- At the end of the original "Whistle" segment, the camera on top of the engine's roof gets knocked over by a tree branch. This goof was later edited out.
- "The End of the Line" was renamed "End of the Line" in the US, but Michael Brandon still says "The End of the Line".
- During "Fireman", a camera crane and a cameraman are seen.
- When the driver first uncouples the engine in "The End of the Line", the locomotive is facing away from the carriages, but in the next shot the locomotive is facing towards the carriages (its reflection is in the carriage window).