|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the coal hopper, the bull or the Story Library book'.|
Hector the Horrid is the fifth episode of the eleventh season.
Bill and Ben bring a new coal hopper, Hector, to the coal yards, and warn Thomas that he is very aggressive. Hector proves that point when Thomas tries to shunt him, to which he replies by roaring "KEEP AWAY!" Later when Rosie came to help, he scared her away. Thomas decides to teach Hector a lesson by bumping him very hard; unfortunately, he bumps Hector so hard that he derails. Hector then reveals he was aggressive so he would not have to carry coal, as he was scared. When he helps Hector back on the rails, Thomas shows him it is no hardship, and now Hector is the best-behaved coal truck in the yard.
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Rocky (does not speak)
- This episode marks Bill's last speaking role until the seventeenth season episode, Percy's Lucky Day.
- Stock footage from Dream On is used.
- The US narration of this episode has yet to be released on Home Media.
- A few differences were made in the DVD compared to the PBS and Nick Jr. TV airings.
- An alternate angle of Thomas backing up to the trucks is shown.
- An alternate angle of Ben is used. In the TV version, Ben's eyes are facing up & in the DVD version Ben's eyes are facing to the right. Also the workmen are moved and the ground is clearer in the DVD version.
- An alternate scene of Thomas backing away from Hector is used.
- An alternate angle of Rosie backing up when Hector frightened her is used. Also, the tracks are further from each other in the DVD version
- An alternate angle of the scene when Thomas first biffed Hector is used.
- An alternate angle when Thomas biffs Hector a second time is used. Also, the clouds are in a different position, theirs less coal on the ground in the DVD version, Hector moved a little closer to the hopper & when Thomas applies his breaks, his coupling rods stop at the top in the TV version and the botton in the DVD version.
- An alternate scene of Hector crashing into the buffers is used. Also, when Hector crashes into the buffers they fly off to his left before he rolls over in the TV version & in the DVD version, the buffers slide over to his right, and his rear-bogie wheels lift up slightly before he rolls over and theirs a pile of coal in the DVD version.
- Hector is laying lower to the ground in one of the scenes in the DVD version.
- Hector is dirtier and his buffers aren't dirty in the DVD version.
- When Edward and James arrived at the coaling plant, the beginning was extended, the crane was moved and James and Edward have different face masks in the DVD version.
- An alternate angle of when James and Edward were surprised to see Hector wee used. Also, Hector was moved a little, their's more coal on the tracks & James moves ahead of Edward in the DVD version.
- Going by production order, this is the eighth episode of the eleventh season.
- When Thomas is being filled up with coal, his large scale model is used.
- After Thomas bumps Hector off the rails, Hector's eyes are wonky.
- It is said that Thomas and Hector shunt together, but Hector cannot move himself or other trucks.
- In the first scene when Hector is buffing Bill and Ben, he has his happy face.
- When Rosie runs out of the coaling plant, Thomas' lamp is crooked.
- In a close up of Hector when he is being pulled by Bill and Ben, he is already loaded with coal. This is likely to disguise the eye mechanism inside Hector.
- In the UK version, when Thomas puffs up to Hector after knocking him over, the puffing sound can be heard after he stops.
- When Thomas is demonstrating being filled up with coal, his whistle is wonky.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Hector el Horrible / Hector el Odioso||Hector the Horrid / Hector the Odious|
|Norwegian||Hector huffameg||Hector Horrid|
|Japanese||ヘクターってこわい||Hector is Scary|
|Polish||Straszny Hektor||Scary Hector|
|Finnish||Hector Hirveä||Hector the Hideous|
|Danish||Hector den Hæslige||Hector the Hideous|
|Portuguese||Hector o horrível||Hector the Horrible|
|Hungarian||Hektor, a háklis||Hector, the Horrid|
|Romanian||Hector Nesuferitul||Hector the Obnoxious|
|German||Hector, der Schreckliche||Hector, the Terrible|
|Czech||Hector hrozitánský||Hector the Awfully|
|Slovak||Hrozitánsky Hector||Hector the Humonguous|
|Swedish||Hector den otäcke||Hector the Nasty|
|Korean||무시무시한 헥터||Terrible Hector|
|Chinese||令人讨厌的赫克多||More Annoying the Heck|
|Thai||เฮคเตอร์จอมคำราม||Hector Wong the Roared|
Home Media Releases