|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD, the Step into Reading book or the Storybook.|
The big engines are happy to help when a circus comes to Sodor, after Henry tells Gordon and James about his fear of the rain, but after the circus leaves Henry is asked to investigate a blockage in a tunnel. The "blockage" is revealed to be an elephant that escaped from the circus. The workmen give him cake and water and, when Henry unluckily lets off steam, the frightened elephant sprays water onto Henry. Gordon and James feel sorry for Henry, but still tease him, and Thomas tells Henry that he handled the situation rather well.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Duck (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Troublesome Engines.
- In the Railway Series, Henry's incident with the elephant was one of the reasons that he went on strike, while in the television series, this episode has no effect on said event.
- On the airings of PBS Sprout and The Greatest Stories DVD, it uses the unrestored opening and end credits.
- The models of Big Mickey, Izzy Gomez, and S.S. Vienna from TUGS appear.
- A reference to the first season episode, The Sad Story of Henry is made in this episode.
- At the beginning of the story, Thomas has Edward's whistle sound.
- When Thomas arrives at Elsbridge at the beginning, the camera moves slightly to the left.
- When the workmen look at the elephant in the tunnel, one of them is missing his right eyebrow.
- James has Duck's whistle sound when he is helping out at the docks and when he takes the circus away.
- Gordon's buffers are crooked in the scenes at Tidmouth Sheds.
- When James says "We get no rest!" and when he is turning round on the turntable, his eyes are wonky.
- The elephant's keeper's mouth is missing.
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Books - Henry and the Elephant
- Step Into Reading Books - Henry and the Elephant
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Henry y el Elefante||Henry and the Elephant|
|Norwegian||Henry og elefanten||Henry and the Elephant|
|Japanese||トンネルのなかのかいぶつ||Monster in the Tunnel|
|German||Henry und der Elefant||Henry and the Elephant|
|Welsh||Henri a'r Eliffant||Henry and the Elephant|
|Russian||Генри и слон||Henry and the Elephant|
|Ukrainian||Генрi i слон||Henry and the Elephant|
|Finnish||Henri ja Elefantti||Henry and the Elephant|
|Dutch||Henry en de olifant||Henry and the Elephant|
|Hungarian||Henry és az Elefánt||Henry and the Elephant|
|Italian||Henry e l'elefante||Henry and the Elephant|
|Danish||Henry og Elefanten||Henry and the Elephant|
|Slovenian||Henrik in Slon||Henry and the Elephant|
|Chinese||亨利和大象||Henry and the Elephant|
|Czech||Jindra a Slon||Henry and the Elephant|
|Romanian||Henry şi Elefantul||Henry and the Elephant|
|Slovak||Henry a Slon||Henry and the Elephant|
|Swedish||Henry och Elefanten||Henry and the Elephant|
|Polish||Henio i Słoń||Henry and the Elephant|
|Greek||Ο Τσάρλι και ο ελέφαντας||Henry and the Elephant|
|Thai||เฮนรี่โดนช้างเล่นงาน||Henry Attacked by Elephants|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Henry e o Elefante||Henry and the Elephant|
Home Media Releases