The village of Maron is divided into two areas. The modern village has grown up around the station at the summit of Gordon's Hill, while older buildings are built onto the steep hillside in terraces. In the CGI Series, it is where the Ulfstead Branch Line splits from the main line.
The station is a compulsory stop for all "down", unfitted or loosely-coupled goods to "pin down" brakes. Bankers, after assisting "up" trains, reverse over the points at the station onto the "down" line for the run back to Wellsworth.
To the north of Maron is Boulder Quarry, which has long since been closed down.
- The main building model can be seen on display in a museum at Kyoto, Japan.
- Abbey station in the ninth season reused Maron's model.
- Several posters can be seen at Maron: one is Thomas crossing a bridge, seen from the opening of Hero of the Rails, and the other one is an advertisement of Ulfstead Castle with Connor and Caitlin. There is also a poster of Emily crossing Black Loch on the side.
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (in the transforming destination and Mix, Match and Build)
- Mega Bloks
- Collectible Railway