Tom Tipper is the local Sodor postman who takes the mail from Thomas and Percy's post trains to deliver to the residents of Sodor. He is very friendly and knows he is nothing without his trusty post van. One day, Tom is ill and when he returns he finds his The van has been replaced by a bicycle due to maintenance costs. Tom is later called away, and he carelessly props his bike against Percy's mail vans. Percy's driver does not realise this and, as Percy starts, the bike falls onto the line and is crushed under the train. Tom is dismayed as he now will have to walk to deliver the mail, but when the postmaster finds out, Tom is given a new van, to his delight. And Percy realises that he had helped, by accident!
- Tom Tipper
- Bertie (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- Bulgy (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- The Dryaw Policeman (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Road Beside Rail and Canal Runby
- Bulgy's Bridge
- The Seaside Village
- Sir Topham Hatt's Office (mentioned)
- Elsbridge (deleted scene)
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Really Useful Engines.
- This was the final episode of several things:
- The final episode adapted from a story written by Christopher Awdry.
- The final episode narrated by George Carlin as well as Trine Lossius Borg in Norway and Mykola Koziy in Ukraine until the seventeenth season as well as Povl Dissing in Denmark until the eighth season.
- The final episode shown on Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales.
- The final episode based on a story from the Railway Series until The Adventure Begins.
- The final character in the Railway Series until Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.
- This was the first season finale that was not Christmas-themed.
- Throughout the episode, Bertie has Bulgy's horn sound.
- When Tom Tipper's van passes Bertie, his undercarriage is loose and a wire is visible.
- After Percy crushes the bike there's a shot of his cab, judging by the amount of space and the shape of the windows, it's really Duck's cab.
- When Tom drives away in his new van, part of the driving mechanism is visible underneath.
- In both narrations, the narrators change tense throughout the episode.
- When Tom Tipper says "This is going to make me later still", he is smiling. This also happens when he props his bike up against one of Percy's mail trucks.
- After Percy arrives at Callan when he saw the dumped bags, his cab roof was loose.
- The hub caps on Tom Tipper's post van change from red to black throughout the episode.
- The roof on Tom Tipper's post van change from white to black throughout the episode
- The font on the station signs change throughout the episode.
- When Callan is in view from the stone bridge, on Thomas' line there is a van and a brakevan in front of him.
- Near the end of the episode when Percy arrives at Callan, Oliver can be seen on a siding. But a few seconds later, he passes Percy with a train.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Pass deg for sykkelen||Beware of the Bike|
|German||Wer bringt die Post?||Who Brings the Mail?|
|Dutch||Pas op voor de fiets||Beware the Bicycle|
|Italian||Tom Tipper il postino||Tom Tipper the Postman|
|Swedish||Tur i oturen||Blessing in Disguise|
|Finnish||Pyörät Mutkalla||Wheels Kinked|
|Polish||Uwaga Rower||Note Bike!|
|Japanese||ゆうびんやとバン||A Postman and His Van|
|Spanish||Un Favor Accidental||An Accidental Favor|
|Czech||Pozor! kolo||Careful! Bike|
|Slovenian||Pazi Na Kolo||Keep an Eye on Your Bike|
|Danish||Held i uheld||A Blessing in Disguise|
|Russian||Осторожно с велосипедом||Caution with a Bicycle|
|Ukrainian||Зважай на велосипед||Consider the Bike|
|Hungarian||A Postásbicikli||The Postman's Bike|
|Chinese||注意自行车||Note that Bike|
|Greek||Προσοχή στο ποδήλατο||Beware the Bike|
|Romanian||Ai Grijă la Bicicletă||Watch the Bike|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Cuidado com a Bicicleta!||Take Care with the Bike!|
|Slovak||Poštárov Bicykel||The Postman's Bicycle|
|Thai||บุรุษไปรษณีย์คนขยัน||Postman's Hard Worker|