Norman is an orange-red diesel. He has a twin brother named Dennis.
Norman was one of the diesels who took over the Sodor Steamworks. He later laughed at Flynn for not being able to rescue Thomas. Norman told Percy that Sidney had been on his hoist for two years and was there when he was given his new wheels. He also offered Thomas a place to sleep at the Dieselworks when the turntable at Tidmouth Sheds was frozen.
In The Great Race, he gets involved in an accident with Thomas, resulting in the tank engine being unable to compete in The Great Railway Show.
Norman looks like his twin Dennis, but he is a much kinder diesel engine. He wants to be liked by all the engines, whether they be steam or diesel engines. So he does his part at the Sodor Dieselworks and follows all of his orders. However, poor Norman often breaks down and he does not like that. Unlike Dennis, who is lazy, if Norman were fixed properly he would show what a Really Useful Engine he can be. He is also willing to help another engine in trouble.
Norman is based on the Bulleid Diesel prototype, No. 11001. Dennis is also based on this engine.
Norman is painted orange-red with yellow lining and a dark grey roof.
- Kerry Shale (UK/US; Day of the Diesels - fifteenth season)
- Keith Wickham (UK/US; seventeenth season onwards)
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan; seventeenth season onwards)
- Thierry Kazazian (France and French speaking Canada)
- Paweł Galia (Poland)
- Øyvind Borgemoen Lyse (Norway; seventeenth season onwards)
- Peter Weis (Germany; The Missing Christmas Decorations only)
- Juan Alfonso Carralero (Latin America)
- Fernando Castro (Spain)
- Norman is Dennis' twin. This is thought to be impossible as No. 11001 was the only one of its type built. However, other engines, such as Skarloey/Talyllyn and Rheneas/Dolgoch, share the same dilemma.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found