|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book or the magazine story.|
Reverend W. Awdry
Every Summer, the Island of Sodor is busy with holiday makers visiting the Island to see the sights. One day, Thomas is busy and asks Percy to take the children home from the Vicar's Sunday School. Percy accepts, despite warnings from Harold and Edward later on about bad weather, but when he leaves with Annie and Clarabel, the weather turns bad and it begins to rain heavily.
Percy battles onward, but has to pass through a flooded field and his fire goes out. The crew chops up floorboards from the brakevan and Harold thoughtfully drops hot drinks for them - unluckily landing on Percy's boiler.
Percy makes it home safely and is thanked by Thomas, the passengers and the Fat Controller.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- The Vicar of Wellsworth (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Tidmouth Hault
- The Watermill
- The Lighthouse
- Hawin Croka
- The Country Line
- Cliff Side Track
- Arlesdale Lake and Mountain Line
- Arlesdale Castle
- Knapford Harbour (mentioned)
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Percy the Small Engine.
- The episode can be seen in a Japanese game, Magical Adventure.
- In the restored version, the fade and the shot of Percy arriving at Elsbridge with Annie, Clarabel and the brakevan are replaced by a cut and an extended shot of Thomas waiting for Percy.
- In a rare picture, Edward is wearing his exhausted face mask instead of his concerned face mask when he talks to Percy at Elsbridge.
- There are noticeable differences in the set between the original and the restored episode when the narrator says: "Children love the seaside."
- Deleted scenes from the first season of Thomas on Toby's Old Tramway are used at the beginning of the episode.
- The Coast Guard and The Shrimpers from TUGS appear.
- Some of the music in the US version and the early UK narration is absent.
- When Percy plunges onto the flooded tracks, water appears to come above his firebox. However, in the next shot, the water is below his buffers.
- When Thomas is on Toby's Old Line, Clarabel is facing the wrong way. Then in the next shot, Annie is facing the wrong way.
- Despite the fact that the water only reached Percy's footplate, he has a water line across his boiler when he meets Thomas at the end of the episode.
- In the shot of Percy's driver and fireman, the fence behind them is submerged, however in the close-up of the fireman, the fence is completely above the water. This changes again in the shot of the driver, fireman and guard carrying the wooden planks through the water.
- When Thomas talks to Percy at Tidmouth Hault, a red mark can be seen next to his left eye.
- Buzz Books - Percy's Promise
- Magazine stories - Percy's Promise and Going for a Swim!
- My Thomas Story Library - Percy (discontinued)
- Books - Percy's Promise (book)
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Percy's Belofte||Percy's Promise|
|German||Percys Versprechen||Percy's Promise|
|Spanish||La Promesa de Percy||Percy's Promise|
|Brazilian Portuguese||A Promessa de Percy||The Promise of Percy|
|French||Les Promesses d'Percy / Percy Promettre (Québec)||Percy's Promises / Percy's Promise|
|Danish||Percys Løfte||Percy's Promise|
|Norwegian||Percys Løfte||Percy's Promise|
|Swedish||Percys Löfte||Percy's Promise|
|Finnish||Pekan Lupaus||Percy's Promise|
|Welsh||Addewid Pyrsi||Percy's Promise|
|Turkish||Percy'nin Sözü||Percy's Promise|
|Czech||Perchyo Slib||Percy's Promise|
|Polish||Obietnica Piotrka||Percy's Promise|
|Hungarian||Percy Fgérete||Percy's Promise|
|Catalan||Percy Promesa||Percy's Promise|
|Slovak||Perciho Sľub||Percy's Promise|
|Slovenian||Poldijeva Obljuba||Percy's Promise|
|Romanian||Promisiunea lui Percy||Percy's Promise|
|Japanese||パーシーとこうずい||Percy and the Flood|
|Russian||Обещание Перси||Percy's Promise|
|Ukrainian||Обіцянка Персі||Percy's Promise|
|Thai||สัญญาจากเพอร์ซี||Contract from Percy|
Home Media Releases