One day, James is waiting at the junction when Percy arrives with some troublesome trucks. James tells Percy that engines should always be on time and he puffs away. Percy thinks James is being bossy and ignores him. It was market day and James arrives at the harbour to see all the wonderful fruits from far away lands. James' trucks are filled and he sets off along the main line. On the way, he meets Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel and can't resist boasting. Thomas knows that there'll be trouble ahead for boastful James.
Back at the yard, Percy is busy shunting when the stationmaster tells his driver that James' brakes are jammed and that Percy has to go and help him at once. Percy quickly sets off and soon finds James stranded on the main line. Percy can't resist laughing and teasing James. Percy's driver soon intervenes and asks Percy if he can push the trucks of fruit. Soon, Percy is coupled to the trucks and sets off. Percy is in a hurry and isn't paying full attention to the line. He hadn't seen that the points had failed and that he had been diverted into a siding - until it's too late. Percy crashes into the buffers and gets covered in sticky fruit! The Fat Controller sternly reminds Percy that while the point failure is not his fault, his railway is not a jam factory!
That night in the sheds, all the engines are silent until Thomas reminds everyone that they are all Really Useful Engines!
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (speaks only in Japanese dub)
- Henry (speaks only in Japanese dub)
- Gordon (speaks only in Japanese dub)
- Duck (speaks only in Japanese dub)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Arlesburgh Harbour
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Lower Suddery
- Three Tier Bridge
- Shunting Yards
- Sodor Trading Co.
- Tidmouth Tunnel
- The Three Way Road
- This episode was adapted from the magazine story Percy Gets Jammed by Andrew Brenner.
- The truck in front of Percy has NE written on it.
- Stock footage from Thomas, Percy and the Post Train and a deleted scene from Heroes are used.
- Izzy Gomez and Big Mickey from TUGS appear.
- This episode marks Annie and Clarabel's only speaking roles in the third season.
- When James is watching his trucks being loaded, there are four open-topped trucks, but when he leaves the harbour, one of them is replaced with a goods van.
- When James leaves the harbour, the first truck is missing a face.
- As Percy sets off with James' trucks, James' front wheels are derailed and Percy jerks back before starting.
- During the crash scene, Percy's cab's roof is raised.
- There are more than the usual six berths in Tidmouth Sheds.
- At the end of the episode, a wire of some sort is wrapped around James' funnel.
- When James puffs by Thomas, Annie and Clarabel, Annie is missing her name.
- Percy: "Got yourself into a bit of a jam, eh James? What you might call a 'sticky situation'?"
- James: "Be quiet! It's not funny having jammed brakes!"
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Percy, James en de Soep||Percy, James and the Soup|
|German||Heute ist Obsttag||Today is Fruit Day|
|Spanish||Percy, James y un Día Fructífero||Percy, James & a Fruitful Day|
|Brazilian Portuguese||James e Percy e um Dia de Fruta||James, Percy and the Fruit Day|
|Danish||Percy, James og en Frugtbar Dag||Percy, James and a Fertile Day|
|Norwegian||Percy, James og den Fruktbare Dagen||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Swedish||Percy, James och den Fruktbare Dager||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Finnish||Hedelmällistä Yhteistyötä||Fruitful Teamwork|
|Italian||Locomotive nei Pasticci||Engines in Trouble|
|Hungarian||Percy és James Gyümölcsöző Napja||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Romanian||Percy, James și Ziua Lor Rodincă||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Polish||Piotrek, Kuba i Owocny Dzień||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Slovak||Percy, Jakub a Ovocná Deň||Percy, James and Fruity Day|
|Czech||Percy, James a Ovocný Den||Percy, James and Fruit a Day|
|Slovenian||Poldi, Jakob in Uspešen Dan||Percy, James and the Successful Day|
|Chinese||培西詹姆士和富有成果的一天||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|Ukrainian||Персі, Джеймс і плідний день||Percy, James and Fruitful Day|
|Russian||плодотворный день||The Fruitful Day|
|Greek||Ο Τζέρι, Ο Τζίμι και η λαϊκή αγορά||Percy, James, and the Public Market|
|Serbian||Persi, Džejms i Dan Pun Voća||Percy, James and a Day Full of Fruit|
|Korean||쨈이 된 과일들||Jammed Fruits|
|Thai||วันโชคร้ายของเพอร์ซีและเจมส์||Today is Unfortunately Percy and James|