After deliberately derailing himself, Sir Topham Hatt has sent Sir Handel to the shed in disgrace. Peter Sam is now single-handedly running the Skarloey Railway and extremely excited about his new position, despite Skarloey warning him to keep calm. One morning, despite his best efforts, Peter Sam is late to Crovan's Gate. Henry is unimpressed and threatens to leave without his passengers next time. Peter Sam is secretly worried, but soon gets back to work, happy to be running the Skarloey Railway. He begins singing to himself and the coaches happily follow along.
Later that afternoon, Peter Sam makes his scheduled hour-long stop at the Lakeside Station. Whilst there, the crew buy tea and cakes from the refreshment shop at the station. The lady who runs the shop always catches this train home. Peter Sam begins to worry about missing Henry's train as the crew and passengers return. As the Refreshment Lady approaches the platform, Peter Sam suddenly starts... he claims he thought he heard the guard's whistle, whilst the guard claims Peter Sam was simply being too impatient. Whatever the cause was, the coaches quickly tell him of his mistake, causing him to stop and allow the Refreshment Lady on the train.
Fearing that he'll miss Henry, Peter Sam races back to Crovan's Gate as fast as he can. To his relief, he arrives to find that Henry is still there. The Refreshment Lady is furious and demands to know why Peter Sam left her behind. Upon hearing his apology and explanation, however, she laughs and explains that Henry was only joking: as a guaranteed connection, he has to wait for the passengers. Peter Sam is furious and is determined to give the larger engine a piece of his mind, but by this point, Henry has already disappeared.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Refreshment Lady
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Crovan's Gate
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Lakeside Junction
- Neptune Refreshments
- Sodor Castle
- Hawin Doorey
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Four Little Engines.
- Stock footage from A Bad Day for Sir Handel is used, as a reference to the latter episode is made in this episode.
- The modified model of O.J. from TUGS, Lakesider III, appears in the water as Peter Sam enters the lake station.
- In some UK and US narrations, Henry's whistle is absent at the end when he leaves the station.
- In the American narration, the Refreshment Lady has an Italian accent.
- When Peter Sam sings his brief song ("I'm Peter Sam, I'm running this line...") it's exactly the same as "Skip to My Lou"; a common song.
- In two scenes at the beginning, Henry is wearing Gordon's upset face mask.
- Rheneas appears as Peter Sam exits Crovan's Gate, but he is supposed to be at the Works.
- When Peter Sam puffs by singing his eyes are wonky.
- In the American narration, George Carlin says that the Refreshment Lady sells tea and cakes to the "conductor, fireman and guard", but guard is a British term for conductor and he makes no mention of the driver.
- The end of the set can be seen as Peter Sam crosses the viaduct.
- Duncan passes Crovan's Gate just before the Refreshment Lady scolds Peter Sam, even though he is not introduced until Home at Last after Peter Sam's accident was some trucks in Trucks!.
- This episode is out of production order, as Skarloey appears, despite being sent to the works in Four Little Engines.
- When Peter Sam puffs backwards, his wheels are moving faster than he is.
- Throughout this episode, Peter Sam's coaches constantly keep gaining and losing their faces.
- When Peter Sam talks to the Refreshment Lady at the end, blu-tak can be seen under his face.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Peter Sam y la mujer olvidada||Peter Sam and the Forgotten Woman|
|Norwegian||Peter Sam og serveringsdamen||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Japanese||からかわれたピーター・サム||Peter Sam was Made Fun of|
|Czech||Petr a dáma z bufetu||Peter and the Lady From Refreshment|
|Danish||Peter Sam og servitricen||Peter Sam and the Waitress|
|Dutch||Peter Sam en de koffiejuffrouw||Peter Sam and the Tea Lady|
|German||Peter Sam und die Imbissfrau||Peter Sam and the Snack Women|
|Finnish||Peter Sam ja Kahvilan Rouva||Peter Sam and the Café Lady|
|Italian||Peter Sam e la Ristoratrice||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady|
|Chinese||彼得萨姆和餐车女士||Peter Sam and the Diner Lady|
|Slovenian||Peterček in natakarica||Peter Sam and Waitress|
|Polish||Piotruś Sam i Pani Ekspedientka||Peter Sam and Mrs. Saleswoman|
|Romanian||Peter Sam şi Vânzătoarea de Răcoritoare||Peter Sam and the Soda Shop Assistant|
|Slovak||Peter Sam a občerstvenie u pani Lady||Peter Sam and the Snack Lady|
|Hungarian||Peter Sam és a Frissítőárus Hölgy||Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady Florist|
|Swedish||Peter Sam och förfriskningar kvinnan||Peter Sam and Refreshment's Woman|
|Russian||Питер Сэм и хозяйка магазина||Peter Sam and the Mistress of the Shop|
|Ukrainian||Пiтер Сем i Лимонадниця||Peter Sam and the Lemonade Stand|
|Greek||Πέδρο και η κυρία Αναψυκτήριο||Peter Sam and Ms. Fresher|
|Thai||ปีเตอร์แซมรีบร้อน||Hurry Peter Sam|