|This article is about 'the railway staff'. You may be looking for 'the engine'.|
The porter helps passengers aboard a passenger train or to handle their baggage, they often have to cross the railway line to get the baggage across to the coaches.
The porters on Sodor tend to be very clumsy and accident prone, they are linked to several incidents that happened around the Island, such as the time Percy tried to surprise the coaches and spilled sticky jam all over the passengers and the Fat Controller, and the time two porters broke a beehive at the station.
A North Western Railway porter's uniform consists of blue or green trousers, a black tie, a white shirt, with a long blue overcoat and a blue cap.
- Keith Wickham (UK/US; nineteenth season onwards)
- Shinobu Satouchi (Japan; Cows)
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Japan; Buzz, Buzz)
- Naoki Tatsuta (Japan; Edward the Great)
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan; Buckled Tracks and Bumpy Trucks)