Salty's Stormy Tale is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season.
It was a sunny day at the docks, Salty warns Thomas and Percy that a storm is coming. But the two tank engines begin to mimic his voice and made Salty's feeling hurt. As a result, he is glad to be sent to collect Fergus from the smelters. Emily rolls up telling him what's wrong and he tells Emily that no one likes to be made fun of by silly tank engines and leaves for the smelters. Emily knew Salty was talking about Thomas and Percy and goes off to find them.
Dark clouds filled the sky when Emily found Thomas and Percy who started to mimic Salty's voice again. This made Emily cross telling them it's not nice to copy the way others speak and that they hurt Salty's feelings. Thomas and Percy felt bad and went to apologise to Salty, but he was nowhere to be found and Thomas and Percy started to get worried.
Salty arrived at the smelters yard and picks up Fergus. On the way home, the storm arrives and a fuse blows in the lighthouse, confusing a ship captain out at sea. Luckily, Salty and Fergus saw the lighthouse keeper who informed them that the lighthouse's light has gone out and the generator is blown. Salty suggests that Fergus' flywheel is used to power the generator. Fergus was attached to the generator and the light was back on just as the ship got close to the rocks and they backed up.
When Salty and Fergus arrives at the docks the next day, they were delighted to be lauded by, amongst others, the ship captain and the Fat Controller, even more so when Thomas and Percy show up and apologise for teasing him, but the reason they were copying him because they think Salty is grand.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Lighthouse Keeper
- The Captain
- Douglas (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Special Visitor (cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the fourteenth episode of the seventh season.
- Since Fergus' driver doesn't know the line, the episode takes place before Bill, Ben and Fergus.
- When Salty backs into the siding, the footage is sped up.
- Michael Brandon's narration on the Thomas and the Jet Engine VHS/DVD used the original music instead of the new music.
- Michael Brandon's narration with new music on the episode has only been broadcast on television. It was later released on Amazon.
- This episode marks the last time Salty is the main character in an episode until the seventeenth season episode, Away From the Sea.
- There is a crew member's shirt and hand visible from behind the ship in the widescreen version during the storm.
- When the narrator says "Salty knew they were making fun of him!", a cattle truck behind Salty appears to be on the ground rather than the rails.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||ソルティーとあらし||Salty and Storm|
|Polish||Sztormowa Opowieść Sylwka||Stormy Tale Sly|
|Welsh||Hanes Stormus Salti||History Stormy Salty|
|Hungarian||Salty és a vihar||Salty and the Storm|
|Italian||Tempesta in Arrivo||Storm Coming|
|Russian||Солти рассказывает о шторме||Salty Tells of a Storm|
|Romanian||Povestea Furtunoasă a lui Salty||Salty's Storm Story|
|Swedish||Saltis stormiga berättelse||Salty's Stormy Story|
|Slovak||Saltyho búrlivý príbeh||Salty's Stormy Story|
|Chinese||塞尔缇的暴风雨之夜||Salty and Stormy Nights|
|Korean||솔티의 폭풍주의보||Salty's Storm Watch|
|Thai||ซอลตี้ช่วยชีวิตเรือสมุด||Salty's Country Rescue Boat Book|
Home Media Releases
- Engines to the Rescue
- The Complete Seventh Series
- 60th Anniversary - Limited Edition Boxset
- Complete Series 1-10
- Essential Collection (Five Disc Collection)
- Thomas and the Jet Engine and Other Adventures (Original Music)
- Season 7 (Digital Download) (New Music)