Season 8 was first broadcast on PBS in September 2004. Each broadcast had two episodes from Season 8, with learning segments, a song and an episode from Season 7 in between.
- Sounds - Thomas and the Tuba, Sounds (song), Peace and Quiet and Percy's New Whistle
- Differences - Thomas to the Rescue, Emily's New Coaches, and Henry and the Wishing Tree
- Personality - James Gets a New Coat, Emily (song), Best Dressed Engine, and Thomas Saves the Day
- Listening - Percy's Big Mistake, Gordon and Spencer, and Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough
- Surprises - Don't Tell Thomas, Surprises (song), James and the Queen of Sodor, and Emily's New Route
- Determination - Spic and Span, Determination (song), Not So Hasty Puddings, and Edward the Great
- Responsibility - Thomas and the Firework Display, Bill, Ben and Fergus, and Gordon Takes Charge
- Sharing - Squeak, Rattle and Roll, Percy Gets it Right and Thomas and the Circus
- Patience - Thomas Gets It Right, Patience (song), What's the Matter with Henry?, and As Good as Gordon
- Difficulties - Fish (Season 8), The Old Bridge, and Emily's Adventure
- Confidence - Halloween, Ode to Gordon (song), Trusty Rusty, and You Can Do it, Toby!
- Helping - James Goes Too Far, Hooray for Thomas, and Chickens to School
- Weather - Too Hot for Thomas, A World Around You (song), Salty's Stormy Tale, and Percy and the Magic Carpet