|This article is about 'the engine'. You may be looking for 'the mountain or the Australian engine'.|
Shane Dooiney is a narrow gauge mountain-climbing engine working on the Culdee Fell Railway. He is named after a Sudrian mountain of the same name, Shane Dooiney. Like the other mountain engines, he has his own coach used for passenger services.
The Railway Series
Shane Dooiney was built at the Swiss Locomotive and Machine Works in Winterthur, Switzerland in 1896. He arrived on Sodor along with Godred, Ernest, Wilfred, and Culdee in time for the railway's Inspection in March 1900.
When the newly built Alaric arrived in May 1962, he was freed up to be sent away to Switzerland for a major overhaul. He was the last engine to make the journey from Sodor to Switzerland; from then on, all subsequent overhauls took place at Crovan's Gate.
Not much is known about Shane Dooiney's personality, though it is assumed that he is careful and cautious like the other mountain engines.
Shane Dooiney is painted purple with orange lining. The number "5" is painted on the sides and back of his cab in yellow and he has red nameplates, with his name in gold on the sides of his tanks.
- 1979 - Annual (not named; mentioned)
- 1987 - The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways (mentioned)
- 1996 - Thomas the Tank Engine: The Complete Collection (not named; mentioned)
- 2005 - Sodor: Reading Between the Lines (mentioned)
- His name was not revealed until the publication of The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways.
- His name is Sudric for "The Old Man".
- Like most of mountain engines, Shane Dooiney is equipped with a face at each end.
|Culdee Fell Railway|
|Godred • Ernest • Wilfred • Culdee • Shane Dooiney • Lord Harry/6/Patrick • Alaric • Eric|