Sir John Vincent Hurt, CBE (born January 22nd, 1940 in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, died January 27th, 2017) was an English actor, who was known for portraying the wand-maker Olivander in the Harry Potter series, and the War Doctor, a hitherto-Unknown incarnation of the titular Doctor in the 50th anniversary special of the BBC TV Series, Doctor Who. Among other honours, he received two Academy Award nominations, a Golden Globe Award, and four BAFTA Awards, with the fourth being a Lifetime Achievement recognition. He joined the voice cast of Thomas & Friends in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.
Hurt passed away January 27th, 2017 after his fight with Pancreatic Cancer.
- He and John Gielgud worked together on the 1980 film "The Elephant Man".
- He and Andrew Sachs worked together on "History of the World, Part I".
- He, Olivia Colman, Kerry Shale, Glenn Wrage, Michael Brandon, Simon Fisher-Becker, Tom Stourton, Martin Sherman, Nigel Plaskitt, Miranda Raison, John Schwab, John Ogwen and Tracy-Ann Oberman have all had roles in "Doctor Who". Togo Igawa also had a role in one of its spin-offs "Torchwood". Maggie Ollerenshaw also worked on an audio drama based on "Doctor Who". Diego Brizzi, Tesshō Genda and Dariusz Odija also did dubbings for the show.
- He voiced Chancellor Sebastian from "A Monkey's Tale" alongside Salty's Lighthouse voice actors Paul Dobson and French Tickner.
- Both he and Albert Cohen voiced Felix from "Valiant" in their respective languages.
- He, Simon Fisher-Becker, Jamie Campbell Bower, Nathan Clarke and Robert Wilfort all had roles in "Harry Potter" films. He and Bower also had roles in both parts of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". Eddie Redmayne also had a role in one of the "Harry Potter" prequel trilogies.
- Both he and Rob Rackstraw voiced characters in the "Watership Down" TV series.