|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the 2010 magazine story, the 2011 magazine story, the Thai DVD or the Chinese DVD.|
Snow Tracks is the seventeenth episode of the thirteenth season.
A snowstorm has covered Sodor and Thomas and Gordon are given important jobs. While doing his job, Gordon decides to take the shorter, hilly route because he thinks he is special and stronger. He slips several times, spraying Spencer with snow and crashing into some slate trucks. While climbing Gordon's Hill, he inadvertently creates a giant snowball that starts to roll back. It smashes into Thomas and he derails, who had been following him. While he is delivering his load, Gordon collects Rocky to put Thomas back on the rails. Then he helps Thomas do his job. That night, Gordon announces that no engine is special and they are all the best.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (cameo)
- The Knapford Stationmaster (cameo)
- This episode was shown in select US theatres.
- Mark Moraghan renarrated this episode for the Santa's Little Engine DVD in 2013.
- To date, this is the only episode to have the director's name on the title card.
- This is the first episode since the sixth season to include three narrators.
- This is the only thirteenth season episode narrated by Mark Moraghan in the US. But for some strange reason, there was no UK version of this narration after the US version of Santa's Little Engine was released on DVD.
- The narrator said that Gordon pumped his pistons proudly, but his pistons did not move.
- Just as Gordon puffs up to Thomas to apologise for the snowball, Gordon's wheels stop spinning for a split second. Also, his wheels are seen morphing through the snow.
- When Gordon leaves to get Rocky, he is dirty. But when he arrives with Rocky, he is clean.
- The yellow signal is red; but that type of signal is only fitted with yellow and green lamps.
- At Maron, the workmen are called stationmasters.
- The narrator says that Thomas and his truck of firewood derailed, but there were two trucks. The narrator also states that Thomas and his truck of firewood were lifted high in the air, but only Thomas is lifted up.
- In the opening scene, there is snow inside of Tidmouth Sheds.
- In Mark Moraghan's re-narration of the episode, Thomas' cry for help as the snow ball is about to crash into him is omitted.
- When Thomas reverses into a siding, the points do not change when Gordon carries on on the main line.
- Wooden Railway - Rumble-Race Mountain Set
- Take-n-Play - Gordon's Snowy Special 3-pack
- Minis - Chillin' Gordon
- Books - Snowy Tracks
- Magazine Stories - Snow Tracks/Snow Tracks
In Other Languages
|Welsh||Eira trwm||Heavy Snow|
|Finnish||Lumen Vallassa||Snow in Power|
|Danish||Vinter Gider||Winter Bother|
|Japanese||ゆきのひのできごと||Incident on the Snowy Day|
|Polish||Sodor w śniegu||Sodor in the Snow|
|French||La boule de neige géante||The Giant Snowball|
|Swedish||Spår i snön||Tracks in the Snow|
|Dutch||Sneeuw op het Spoor||Snow on the Track|
|Korean||눈덮인 기찻길||A Snowy Railway|
|Italian||Binari Innevati||Snowy Tracks|
|Russian||Снежное приключение||Snowy Adventure|
|Hungarian||Hófödte sínek||Snow-Capped Rails|
|Indonesian||Jalur Salju||Snow Trails|
|Serbian||Pruge pod snegom||Tracks in Snow|
|Romanian||Șine Înzăpezite||Snowy Rails|
|Czech||Zasněžené koleje||Snowy Track|
|German||Verschneite Gleise||Snow Tracks|
|Spanish||Vias Nevadas||Snowy Tracks|
|Slovak||Zasnežené koľaje||Snowy Track|
|Catalan||Vies nevades||Snowy Tracks|
|Greek||Ίχνη στο χιόνι||Footprints in the Snow|
Home Media Releases