Thomas is a tank engine. He came to Sodor in 1915 as a station pilot at Vicarstown until 1923, at which time he was transferred toWellsworth following an incident with some trucks. Later that year, after rescuing James from his crash, he was given charge of theKnapford-Ffarquhar branch line and two coaches named Annie and Clarabel.
Bio in the Railway Series
Main Article: Thomas in the Railway Series
Details of Thomas' arrival on the North Western Railway in 1915 are more or less undocumented. There is no official explanation to how he arrived on the island. However, the most popular rumour (according to Sodor: Reading Between the Lines) is that he was sent to Sodor due to a war-time mix up. Instead of returning to the south coast of England when the problem was sorted, both his driver and fireman married local girls and decided to stay. Sir Topham Hatt purchased Thomas for a "nominal fee".
Bio in the Television Series
Thomas the Tank Engine started his life on the Island of Sodor as a cheeky little engine who shunted coaches for the Main Line engines, such as Henry and Gordon. He liked to play tricks on them, including Gordon, "the biggest and proudest engine of all". He was taught a lesson when Gordon tricked him into being coupled to him during his express run. Tired out, he vowed never to tease Gordon again, realising he did not have to be important. Soon he desired to pull his own passenger train too, much to the bemusement of the other engines. He got his chance when Henry became ill, and no one could pull the passenger train. However, Thomas was so excited that he accidentally left his train and his passengers behind, believing he was pulling it easily. He soon realised his mistake and returned to pull the train. The engines laughed at him, though, and soon Thomas wanted to get out of the shunting yards and see the world. Edward offered him a chance to pull trucks, and Thomas excitedly took the job, not realising how troublesome trucks could be. The trucks pushed him downGordon's Hill into a siding, where the Fat Controller told him to practice so that one day he would become as good as Edward. Thomas soon proved himself when he rescued James after his accident with the trucks, usingthe Breakdown Train. As a reward for his quick and heroic action, the Fat Controller promised him his own branch line.
Thrilled, Thomas soon began running his branch line with his two new coaches, Annie and Clarabel, who he grew to love very much. He soon considered his branch line to be the most important part of the entire railway, a fact he would constantly remind the other engines of. However, he continued to make mistakes and dream big, and sometimes this got him into trouble, such as when he was so impatient that he left his guard behind atElsbridge or when he wanted to fish, not realising the implications of a fish being in his boiler. His greatest mistake was when he got his snowplough broken in the winter and ended up stuck in a snow drift, having to be rescued by Terence, whom he had insulted earlier for not having "real" wheels. He soon proved himself again, though, when he beat Bertie the bus in a great race. He quickly became friends with both Terence and Bertie, despite their differences.
Although Thomas' branch line was indeed the pride of the line, on the main line, things were not going well for the Fat Controller, who was having to deal with Gordon, Henry, and James' sulking, refusing to do Thomas' former work of shunting themselves. After they went on strike, Thomas was brought back to help alongside Edward and their new friend, Percy, who quickly became Thomas' closest friend. Thomas also became friends with Toby after he was asked by the Fat Controller to help their railway avoid a lawsuit from a rude policeman. But Thomas still had some cheekiness in him, returning to teasing Gordon after he slid into a ditch. He soon needed Gordon's help after he blatantly went past a danger sign and fell down a mine. They soon became friends after that and promised never to tease each other again. Thomas and Toby later helped Mrs. Kyndley ather cottage after she was snowed in and helped her celebrate Christmas with a very special Christmas party.
The following year, Thomas shared a shed on his branch line with Percy and Toby. However, he became conceited about his brilliant blue paint and soon paid the price when Percy accidentally caused a coal hopper to pour coal all over him. Thomas was angry at Percy, but the two friends soon made up after Percy had an accident with some coal trucks. Thomas soon met Trevor, a friend of Edward's, who proved his usefulness when he helped Thomas at the newly constructed harbour. Unfortunately, Thomas became ill a few months later and had to be sent to the Works, while Duck looked after his branch line. When Thomas came back, his brakes were stiff, and made it seem as if they were hard on. As a result, one day, when his fireman was ill, a substitute accidentally caused Thomas to run away, and Harold had to help stop him. Later, when the Viaduct needed to be repaired, the main line engines became late to drop off Thomas' passengers and, as a result, made him late for Bertie. Thomas continued to be of great service to Sir Topham Hatt's railway, although he still remained a cheeky little engine.
Thomas later became conceited again when he took his driver's compliment to heart and believed he no longer needed him to work his branch line. This was untrue, but Thomas was too puffed up with himself to not believe it, and one morning, found himself rolling along the line outside the sheds, when a cleaner had accidentally started him up by messing with his controls. He soon crashed into a stationmaster's house and ruined the family's breakfast. He had to be rescued by Donald and Douglas. As a result, the Fat Controller angrily sent him to the works again. He arrived back a few weeks later just in time to take over for a battered Percy, who just had a predicament with some trucks. The following Christmas, Thomas was eager to sing carols with the other engines, but had to pick up a Christmas tree for the Fat Controller. Unfortunately, on his way back, he was caught in a snow drift and was lost. Donald and Douglas soon rescued him in time to sing carols with all his friends.
Sir Topham Hatt once sent Thomas to the mainland to collect special wood for the new Search and Rescue centre. Traveling via sea, he got lost in a storm and ended up on Misty Island. He befriended three engines there and discovered wood perfect for the search and rescue centre. He eventually found an old tunnel that went to Sodor, but got trapped in it as it collapsed. Percy and Whiff were able to save him by entering the Misty Island Tunnel from Sodor.
Between the eighth season and the fifteenth season, Thomas was given more duties on the Main Line. But as of the sixteenth season, Thomas is working on his branch line again.
He still has the occasional annoyance with wearing his snowplough during wintertime, but always learns his lesson afterwards, such as in the seventeenth season, when he hid it on a siding so he could stay in the shed, but when Emily took Annie and Clarabel out, he tried to go find it and got stuck in the snow, leading to Emily rescuing him and earning another stern reprimand from The Fat Controller.
He once had an accident at Brendam Docks, but instead of owning up to it, he blamed it on a made up engine called Geoffrey, which made everyone curious about who Geoffrey was. He hid in Henry's tunnel and pretended to be Geoffrey in order to trick the Fat Controller, but after Spencer nearly ran into him, Thomas was caught out and apologised. He was also chosen to be the first engine to be inspected by two railway inspectors. After their journey, a gold watch belonging to one of the inspectors was found inside Annie, and Thomas gave it back to him. Later, he became covered in spots after Butch sprayed him with mud by accident, which made Henry think Thomas had chicken pox.
Thomas is a rather cheeky, but good hearted engine and generally behaves well, except when he is getting into mishap. He loves teasing the others and, on occasion, brags about his superiority, but is always brought down to earth in due course. If Thomas has one major character flaw, it is that he is forgetful, and slightly impatient. However, he is also optimistic and idealistic.
Although their friendship has been turbulent at times, Percy is generally portrayed as Thomas' best friend, especially in the television series.
Behind the Scenes
Thomas had several different scales of models in the television series. Thomas' main model was Gauge One. It was able to blow smoke from its funnel and had over 60 faces, which were removable. He was Radio Controlled and was given moving eyes. In the first three seasons of the television series, Thomas also had red lining on the back of his bunker. However, when characters received new models in 1994, the lining had been excluded for unknown reasons. Over the years new models have been made to replace the old ones.
When Thomas' spin-off series Jack and the Sodor Construction Company was made, Thomas received a large-scale model in-order to interact with the Sodor Construction Company road characters. Thomas' large-scale model had the same effects as his normal scale; Gauge One. This model is now on display at Thomas Land (Japan).
Hit Entertainment wanted Thomas to interact with the large scale Narrow gauge engines. So another large scale model of Thomas was made for Season 9. It had the same effects as his normal scale; Gauge One.
In order to interact with the large scale people, a large scale version of Thomas had been made since Season 1. It usually was featured in close-up scenes of Thomas' Cab, Thomas' Crew, Thomas' Whistle and Thomas' wheels. In the making of Thomas Comes to Breakfast this model of Thomas was used for the scenes inside of the house. The large scale face was later used for Duck in A Close Shave.
If you watch the UK season two video releases and the two rare versions of Thomas & His Friends Get Along and Thomas Comes To Breakfast, you can see specially shot footage from the 1986 episode, Saved from Scrap, and the second series credits were not restored. It was also used on the original season one intro for Shining Time Station in the 90's or 80's according to Britt Allcroft. Thomas became more popular in the US thanks to Ringo Starr and George Carlin.
BasisThomas is based on the Billington E2-Class 0-6-0T locomotives built for the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway between 1913 and 1916. He is apparently one of the last batch built as only these engines featured his distinctive extended-side-tanks, projecting forward over the leading wheels and little down sweeps at each end of footplate.
Thomas is painted in the NWR's standard blue livery with red-and-yellow lining and the number "1" painted on his tank sides in yellow with a red border. In the Railway Series, he carries two builder's plates on the sides of his cab.
In the Railway Series, Thomas was given a commemorative plaque during his trip to York. For some reason, Thomas does not bear this plaque anywhere visible on his body.
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- James the Red Engine
- Tank Engine Thomas Again
- Troublesome Engines
- Henry the Green Engine
- Toby the Tram Engine
- Gordon the Big Engine
- Edward the Blue Engine
- Percy the Small Engine
- The Eight Famous Engines
- Duck and the Diesel Engine (cameo)
- The Twin Engines
- Branch Line Engines
- Stepney the "Bluebell" Engine
- Main Line Engines (does not speak)
- Tramway Engines
- Really Useful Engines
- More About Thomas the Tank Engine
- Toby, Trucks and Trouble (mentioned)
- Thomas and the Twins
- Thomas and the Great Railway Show
- Thomas Comes Home (does not speak)
- Wilbert the Forest Engine
- Thomas and the Fat Controller's Engines
- Thomas and Victoria
- Thomas and his Friends
- Thomas' Christmas Party
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Thomas and the Evil Diesel
- Season 1 - Thomas and Gordon, Edward and Gordon (cameo), The Sad Story of Henry (does not speak), Thomas' Train, Thomas and the Trucks, Thomas and the Breakdown Train, James and the Coaches, Troublesome Trucks, James and the Express (cameo), Thomas and the Guard, Thomas Goes Fishing, Thomas, Terence and the Snow, Thomas and Bertie, Tenders and Turntables, Trouble in the Shed, Percy Runs Away (does not speak), Coal, Whistles and Sneezes (cameo), Thomas in Trouble, Down the Mine, and Thomas' Christmas Party
- Season 2 - Thomas, Percy and the Coal, Cows (cameo), Bertie's Chase, Saved from Scrap, Old Iron,Thomas and Trevor, Percy and the Signal (does not speak), Duck Takes Charge (does not speak),Percy and Harold, The Runaway, Percy Takes the Plunge, A Close Shave (does not speak), Better Late Than Never, Break Van (cameo), Thomas Comes to Breakfast, Daisy (mentioned), Percy's Predicament (does not speak), Wrong Road (does not speak), Ghost Train, Woolly Bear, andThomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Season 3 - A Scarf for Percy, Percy's Promise, Time for Trouble (cameo), Gordon and the Famous Visitor, Donald's Duck (cameo), Thomas Gets Bumped, Thomas, Percy and the Dragon, Diesel Does it Again (cameo), Henry's Forest, The Trouble with Mud, No Joke for James, Thomas, Percy and the Post Train, Trust Thomas, Buzz, Buzz (cameo), All at Sea (cameo), One Good Turn (cameo), Tender Engines (cameo), Escape (cameo), Oliver Owns Up, Bulgy (cameo), Percy, James and the Fruitful Day, and Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure
- Season 4 - Granpuff, Sleeping Beauty, Bulldog, You Can't Win (cameo), Four Little Engines (cameo),A Bad Day for Sir Handel (cameo), Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady (cameo), Trucks! (cameo),Home at Last (cameo), Rock 'n' Roll (cameo), Steam Roller (cameo), Passengers and Polish (cameo),Gallant Old Engine (cameo), Rusty to the Rescue, Thomas and Stepney, Train Stops Play (does not speak), Bowled Out (speaks only in Japanese dub), Henry and the Elephant, Toad Stands By,Thomas and the Special Letter, Paint Pots and Queens, Fish, and Mind that Bike
- Season 5 - Cranky Bugs, Horrid Lorry, A Better View for Gordon (cameo), Lady Hatt's Birthday Party,James and the Trouble with Trees, Gordon and the Gremlin, Bye George!, Baa!, Put Upon Percy,Haunted Henry (cameo), Double Teething Troubles, Toby's Discovery, Something in the Air, Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach, Thomas and the Rumours, Happy Ever After, Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday,Make Someone Happy, Busy Going Backwards (cameo), Snow, and Rusty and the Boulder
- Season 6 - No Sleep for Cranky, Salty's Secret (cameo), Harvey to the Rescue, A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter (cameo), Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry, The Fogman, Jack Jumps In, A Friend in Need,It's Only Snow, Twin Trouble, The World's Strongest Engine, Scaredy Engines, Percy and the Haunted Mine (cameo), Middle Engine (does not speak), James and the Red Balloon, Jack Frost,Gordon Takes a Tumble, Percy's Chocolate Crunch, Thomas, Percy and the Squeak, Thomas the Jet Engine, and Edward the Very Useful Engine
- Season 7 - Emily's New Coaches, Percy Gets it Right, Bill, Ben and Fergus, Edward's Brass Band,What's the Matter with Henry?, James and the Queen of Sodor, The Spotless Record, Toby's Windmill(cameo), Salty's Stormy Tale, Something Fishy, Peace and Quiet, Fergus Breaks the Rules, Bulgy Rides Again, Harold and the Flying Horse, The Grand Opening (cameo), Best Dressed Engine,Gordon and Spencer, Not So Hasty Puddings, and Three Cheers for Thomas
- Season 8 - Thomas and the Tuba, Percy's New Whistle, Thomas to the Rescue, Henry and the Wishing Tree, James Gets a New Coat, Thomas Saves the Day, Percy's Big Mistake, Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough, Don't Tell Thomas, Emily's New Route, Thomas and the Firework Display,Gordon Takes Charge (cameo), Spic and Span, Edward the Great, Squeak, Rattle and Roll (deleted scene), Thomas and the Circus, Thomas Gets It Right, As Good as Gordon, Fish, Emily's Adventure,Halloween, You Can Do it, Toby!, Chickens to School, Too Hot for Thomas, James Goes Too Far, and Percy and the Magic Carpet (does not speak)
- Season 9 - Percy and the Oil Painting, Thomas and the Rainbow, Molly's Special Special, Thomas' Milkshake Muddle, Mighty Mac, Thomas and the Toy Shop, Respect for Gordon, Thomas and the Birthday Picnic, Tuneful Toots, Rheneas and the Dinosaur (does not speak), Thomas and the New Engine, Toby Feels Left Out, Thomas Tries His Best, The Magic Lamp (does not speak), Thomas and the Statue, Henry and the Flagpole, Emily Knows Best (cameo), Thomas' Day Off, Thomas' New Trucks, Duncan and the Old Mine, Bold and Brave, Skarloey the Brave (does not speak), Saving Edward, Thomas and the Golden Eagle, Keeping Up with James (cameo), and Flour Power
- Season 10 - Follow that Flour, A Smooth Ride, Thomas and the Jet Plane, Percy and the Funfair(does not speak), The Green Controller, Thomas' Tricky Tree, Toby's Afternoon Off, It's Good to be Gordon, Seeing the Sights, Fearless Freddie, Toby's New Shed, Edward Strikes Out, Topped Off Thomas, Which Way Now?, Thomas and the Shooting Star, Big Strong Henry, Sticky Toffee Thomas,Wharf and Peace, Thomas' Frosty Friend, Emily and the Special Coaches, Thomas and the Colours,Thomas and the Birthday Mail, Duncan's Bluff (does not speak), Missing Trucks, Thomas and the Treasure, James the Second Best, and Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out
- Season 11 - Thomas and the Storyteller, Emily's Rubbish, Dream On, Dirty Work, Hector the Horrid!, Gordon and the Engineer, Thomas and the Spaceship, Henry's Lucky Day, Thomas and the Lighthouse, Thomas and the Big Bang, Smoke and Mirrors, Thomas Sets Sail, Don't be Silly, Billy,Edward and the Mail, Hide and Peep, Toby's Triumph, Thomas and the Runaway Car, Thomas in Trouble, Thomas and the Stinky Cheese, Percy and the Left Luggage (cameo), Duncan Does it All,Sir Handel in Charge, Cool Truckings, and Ding-a-Ling
- Season 12 - Thomas and the Billboard, Steady Eddie, Mountain Marvel (mentioned), Henry Gets It Wrong (does not speak), Heave Ho Thomas!, Toby's Special Surprise, Excellent Emily, The Party Surprise (does not speak), Saved You!, Duncan and the Hot Air Balloon, James Works It Out, Tram Trouble, Don't Go Back, The Man in the Hills, Thomas Puts the Breaks On, Percy and the Bandstand,Push Me, Pull You, and Best Friends
- Season 13 - Creaky Cranky, The Lion of Sodor, Tickled Pink, Double Trouble, Slippy Sodor, The Early Bird, Play Time, Thomas and the Pigs, Time For a Story, Percy's Parcel, Toby's New Whistle, A Blooming Mess, Thomas and the Runaway Kite, Steamy Sodor, Splish, Splash, Splosh!, The Biggest Present of All, Snow Tracks, Henry's Good Deeds, Buzzy Bees, and Hiro Helps Out
- Season 14 - Thomas' Tall Friend, James in the Dark, Pingy Pongy Pick Up, Charlie and Eddie, Toby and the Whistling Woods, Henry's Health and Safety, Diesel's Special Delivery, Pop Goes Thomas,Victor Says Yes, Thomas in Charge, Being Percy, Merry Winter Wish, Thomas and the Snowman Party, Thomas' Crazy Day, Jumping Jobi Wood!, Thomas and Scruff, O the Indignity, Jitters and Japes, Merry Misty Island, and Henry's Magic Box
- Season 15 - Gordon and Ferdinand, Toby and Bash, Emily and Dash, Percy's New Friends, Edward the Hero, James to the Rescue, Happy Hiro, Up, Up and Away!, Henry's Happy Coal, Let it Snow,Surprise, Surprise, Spencer the Grand, Stop that Bus!, Stuck on You, Big Belle, Kevin the Steamie,Wonky Whistle, Percy the Snowman, Tree Trouble, and Fiery Flynn
- Season 16 - Race to the Rescue, Ol' Wheezy Wobbles, Express Coming Through, Percy and the Monster of Brendam (cameo), Ho Ho Snowman, Flash Bang Wallop!, Thomas and the Rubbish Train,Thomas Toots the Crows, Bust My Buffers!, Percy and the Calliope (cameo), Thomas and the Sounds of Sodor, Salty's Surprise, Sodor Surprise Day, Emily's Winter Party Special, Muddy Matters, Whiff's Wish (does not speak), Welcome Stafford, Don't Bother Victor!, Happy Birthday Sir!, and The Christmas Tree Express
- Season 17 - Kevin's Cranky Friend, Scruff's Makeover, Wayward Winston, Gordon Runs Dry, Calm Down Caitlin, Steamie Stafford, Henry's Hero, Not Now, Charlie!, The Lost Puff, The Thomas Way,The Phantom Express, Percy's Lucky Day, Bill or Ben?, Too Many Fire Engines, No Snow for Thomas, Santa's Little Engine, The Missing Christmas Decorations, The Frozen Turntable, Away From the Sea, Gone Fishing, The Afternoon Tea Express (does not speak), The Smelly Kipper, No More Mr. Nice Engine, and Thomas' Shortcut
- Season 18 - Old Reliable Edward, Not So Slow Coaches, Flatbeds of Fear, Disappearing Diesels,Signals Crossed, Toad's Adventure, Duck and the Slip Coaches, Thomas the Quarry Engine, Thomas and the Emergency Cable, Marion and the Pipe, Missing Gator, Spencer's VIP, Toad's Bright Idea(cameo), Long Lost Friend, Last Train for Christmas, Duncan the Humbug, The Perfect Gift, Marion and the Dinosaurs, Millie and the Volcano, Timothy and the Rainbow Truck, Samson at Your Service, and Emily Saves the World
- Season 19 - Toad and the Whale, Who's Geoffrey?, The Truth About Toby, Lost Property, Wild Water Rescue and Henry Spots Trouble
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company - A Visit from Thomas (does not speak), Jack Owns Up,On Site with Thomas, Percy's Scary Tale, Kelly's Windy Day, A Tale for Thomas, Thomas and the Moles, Percy Helps Out, The Tortoise and the Hare, Thomas' Trusty Friends (episode), Alfie Has Kittens, and Mud, Glorious Mud
He will appear in the episode, Two Wheels Good.
- Thomas and the U.K. Trip
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Calling All Engines!
- The Great Discovery
- Hero of the Rails
- Misty Island Rescue
- Day of the Diesels
- Blue Mountain Mystery
- King of the Railway
- Tale of the Brave
- The Adventure Begins
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
He will also be appearing in the upcoming WWII movie.
- John Bellis (Thomas and the Magic Railroad; original work-prints only)
- Edward Glen (Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Ben Small (UK; Hero of the Rails - eighteenth season)
- John Hasler (UK; The Adventure Begins onwards)
- Martin Sherman (US; Hero of the Rails - eighteenth season)
- Joseph May (US; The Adventure Begins onwards)
- Ringo Starr (UK; 2009 Children in Need charity single)
- Fabrice Trojani (France and French speaking Canada; sixth season onwards)
- Keiko Toda (Japan; first - eighth seasons)
- Kumiko Higa (Japan; Calling All Engines! onwards)
- Caspar Phillipson (Denmark; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Espen Sandvik (Norway; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Marco Vivio (Italy)
- Pepijn Koolen (The Netherlands; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Jürgen Theuns (The Netherlands; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Víctor Ugarte (Mexico; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Javier Olguín (Mexico; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Christian Stark (Germany)
- Marcel Collé (Germany; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Janusz Zadura (Poland)
- Simcha Barbiro (Israel; Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Duriel Zohar (Israel)
- Daniel Figueira (Brazil; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- César Díaz Capilla (Spain)
- Richard Balint (Romania)
- Thomas was the first engine to have a number.
- Thomas appeared in the Children in Need charity single and was voiced by Ringo Starr.
- Christopher Awdry lost the original Thomas model when he was in the US.
- Thomas' driver's name is Bob.
- Thomas is revealed to be the most really useful at times.
- Thomas is the only title character to appear in almost every episode.
- Three Thomas models are currently on display: one at Drayton Manor in the UK, one in Canada at Nitrogen Studios, and the large scale Thomas model used in the spin-off series, The Pack, in Japan at Thomas Land.
- ERTL (normal, silver, gold, metallic, remote controlled, motorized, miniature, Gold Rail, in multipacks and santa hat; all versions discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (normal, gold, motorized, metallic, and in multi-packs)
- Take Along (normal, silver, metallic, talking roll and whistle, and in multi-packs; all versions discontinued)
- My First Thomas (normal, talking and drive-away talking)
- Motor Road and Rail (normal, gold, metallic, talking, snowplow, Steam Along, and with Annie and Clarabel; discontinued outside Asia)
- TrackMaster (normal, talking, RC, greatest moments, Steam Along, with Annie and Clarabel, and in Southern Railway green)
- Brio (normal and motorized; both versions discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued, reintroduced 2015)
- Bachmann (HO and G scale)
- Lionel (G scale (discontinued), O gauge and RC)
- Trading Cards
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (several versions; discontinued)
- Mini Die Cast Collection (discontinued)
- Departing Now (discontinued)
- Thomas Town (discontinued)
- Capsule Collection
- Take-n-Play (normal, pull back, and talking)
- LEGO (discontinued)
- Mega Bloks
- De Agostini (discontinued)
- Tomica (regular, metallic and with Annie and Clarabel)
- Woody Capsule Series
- Around Town with Thomas
- Discover Junction
- Wind-up Trains (several versions)
- Pocket Fantasy (Several; Discontinued)
- Diablock (large, mini, and clear versions)
- Collectible Railway
- Motorized Railway
- Push Along (small and large versions)
- Pullback Racers
- Padlock and Key
- Switch-On Keychains
- Micro Rubber Engines
- Pull 'n' Spin
- Boss (normal and pull back; discontinued)
- Pico Pico
- Interactive Learning Railway
- Minis (classic, gold metallic, racers, heroes, advent calendar, warriors, and DC super friends )
- New Block
- MV Sports (in three pack with Toby and Mavis; discontinued)
- Pre-Cut Model Engine Books (with Annie; discontinued; re-released separately; re-discontinued)
- Schylling (train whistle, Jack in the boxes, alarm clock, tin pail, domed lunchbox, lanterns and pocket watch)
- Big Buddy (discontinued)